We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Leading Edge Health markets its VigRX Plus as dietary supplements that reportedly help people with erectile dysfunction (ED) and those looking to increase sexual desire. However, supplements may contain hidden ingredients that can interact with prescription drugs, and individuals need to exercise caution when using them. Vigrx plus reviews | Vigrx plus review
This article describes what VigRX Plus supplements are, some advantages and disadvantages, and customer reviews. It also explores some places that sell VigRX Plus, some frequently asked questions, and alternative products. Vigrx plus reviews | Vigrx plus review
Please note that the product information below is research-based. No one at Medical News Today, including the writer, has tried these products.
About ED treatments | Vigrx plus reviews
There are many different products that claim to treat the symptoms of ED successfully. However, the American Urological Association offer several guidelines on ED treatment, including the below. Vigrx plus reviews | Vigrx plus review
- Those with ED symptoms should undergo thorough medical, sexual, and psychosocial assessments, a physical examination, and some laboratory tests.
- Healthcare practitioners should advise that ED in males may indicate cardiovascular disease.
- People with ED need to complete questionnaires to help guide treatment plans.
As supplements are typically available without a doctor’s prescription, a person risks either short- or long-term side effects if they do not consult a qualified medical professional before taking them. Vigrx plus reviews | Vigrx plus review
VigRX Plus has been available on the market since 2004. According to its website, the supplement claims to increase sex drive and desire and help individuals who have difficulty:
- maintaining harder erections
- penetrating their partner
- reaching an orgasm
It also states that some people may start noticing immediate results, while others may experience beneficial effects 1–3 months later.
Due to Food and Drug Administration (FDA)Trusted Source rules, the company website states that its product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure diseases. Therefore, a person should not use this supplement in place of medical care from a doctor or healthcare professional. Vigrx plus reviews | Vigrx plus review
How to use
A box of VigRX Plus contains 60 capsules in blister packaging, which offers a month’s supply. The manufacturer recommends taking two capsules per day with a glass of water and food. Vigrx plus reviews | Vigrx plus review
However, some of its ingredients and associated side effects include:
- Damiana: According to health experts, people use damiana frequently to treat headaches, depression, constipation, and upset stomach. However, there is no evidence that links its use with sexual health conditions. Individuals should stop taking damiana if they experience:
- Bioperine: This is black pepper extract, which, according to the VigRX Plus website, may help the product absorb faster. However, it can cause:
- Ginkgo biloba: Health expertsTrusted Source state there are no proven medical uses for ginkgo biloba. However, some companies claim that it can help boost memory. In rare cases, the substance can lead to:
- an upset stomach
- allergic skin reactions
- Saw palmetto: According to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative HealthTrusted Source, saw palmetto can reportedly help individuals with urinary symptoms associated with an enlarged prostate gland. It could also benefit those with hair loss, migraine, and pelvic pain. However, not enough evidence-based research exists to support this claim. People who take saw palmetto may experience headaches or digestive symptoms. Vigrx plus reviews | Vigrx plus review
It is important to note there is currently insufficient medical evidence to support claims that the above ingredients help with ED or low libido.
According to the manufacturer’s website, people who buy VigRX Plus may benefit from the product being available without a prescription.
However, some disadvantages include possible interactions with prescription medications and slow or lack of ED or libido improvement. Some user reviews of this product also reported experiencing nausea, diarrhea, and headaches after taking VigRX Plus. Vigrx plus reviews | Vigrx plus review
At the time of publishing, VigRX Plus has a review rating of 3.9 stars out of 5 with Trustpilot.
Individuals mentioned that the company offers fast shipping and the customer care representatives are helpful. They also state that they experienced harder erections and an increase in libido after taking the pills for 30 days. Vigrx plus reviews | Vigrx plus review
However, less favorable reviews focused on the product’s price, as regular purchases of VigRX can be expensive. Additionally, some individuals with ED stated they did not experience any changes after taking the pills for 3 months. Vigrx plus reviews | Vigrx plus review
The manufacturer, Leading Edge Health, has a rating of 3.4 with the Better Business Bureau, with negative user comments citing nausea, headaches, and diarrhea after taking VigRX Plus.
There are several places a person can purchase VigRX Plus.
- Leading Edge Health: Gives customers the option to choose 2–12 month supplies, which helps them save up to $650. The manufacturer also offers a 100% money-back guarantee — a person can try the product for 67 days and if they are not satisfied, they can mail the empty containers to the manufacturer and receive a full refund.
- VigRX at Walmart: Markets VigRX Plus as sexual enhancement supplements that come with free 2-day delivery. A person may also benefit from a 90-day return policy if they are not satisfied with their purchase. Walmart also allows customers to return damaged or defective products.
- Newegg: Newegg offers free shipping, while the website states that customers should receive their order within 9 days. With this company, VigRX Plus comes with a 30-day return policy.Vigrx plus reviews | Vigrx plus review
Here are some frequently asked questions about VigRX.
Is VigRX FDA approved?
The product’s label states that the FDA does not approve supplements.
The FDATrusted Source warns that products marketed as dietary supplements may contain hidden ingredients that could put a person’s health at risk.
A supplement may also include ingredients present in FDA-approved prescription ED drugs, such as Viagra, Cialis, and Levitra, and some companies do not include them on supplement labels. In these cases, an individual taking a supplement alongside a prescription ED drug may risk an overdose.Vigrx plus reviews | Vigrx plus review
How much does VigRX cost?
VigRX Plus costs around $65-70. Some retailers allow people to order in bulk to reduce the cost further.
Is VigRX safe to use?
These types of supplements may contain hidden ingredients that can interact with prescription drugs.
For example, according to the FDATrusted Source, if a person takes nitrates, such as isosorbide mononitrate, as well as supplements containing sildenafil, they can lower an individual’s blood pressure beyond healthy levels.Vigrx plus reviews | Vigrx plus review
Therefore, people should consult with a medical professional to discuss which medications are suitable for their condition. For example, VigRX Plus contains damiana, and those taking oral diabetes medication should not take it without a doctor’s approval. Vigrx plus reviews | Vigrx plus review
A person who experiences difficulty maintaining an erection, reaching an orgasm, or symptoms of ED, should first consult with a doctor. A healthcare professional may prescribe medications for ED, such as:
- Sildenafil (Viagra): This drug is available in doses of 20–100 milligrams (mg). It is also available as a brand-name called Revatio, which doctors prescribe for pulmonary hypertension.
- Tadalafil (Cialis): Healthcare professionals also prescribe this for benign prostatic hyperplasia. It is available in 5–20 mg doses.
- Vardenafil (Levitra): It is available in 2.5–20 mg doses, and people can take it with or without food.Vigrx plus reviews | Vigrx plus review